Harry and Martha Cohen Award
THE 2020 HARRY & MARTHA COHEN AWARDS ARE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
2020 Harry & Martha Cohen Award Call for Nominations
Since 1984, Alberta Theatre Projects has been proud to partner with the Cohen family to present The Harry and Martha Cohen Award for sustained and significant contribution to theatre in Calgary.
Do you know someone who is an inspiration in our theatre community in Calgary?
Is there someone who continually inspires you? Does this person set the bar in terms of their passion and commitment to our theatrical community in Calgary? Do they ALWAYS go above and beyond; mentor, coach, etc.? This person may be a leader onstage, offstage or backstage; an actor, director, playwright, designer, administrator, philanthropist, dramaturge, manager, teacher, technician or volunteer.
Do you want them to know how vital their contribution is and how deeply they are appreciated?
We will gather to celebrate the 2020 winner of the Harry & Martha Cohen Awards winner on Monday, April 27th, 2020. The award ceremony will take place in the Lobby of the Martha Cohen Theatre from 5 pm – 7:30pm. At that ceremony the recipient will be honoured with a cash prize of $1500 and a framed certificate. Additionally, the recipient’s name will be added to the list of our past honourees and inscribed on a scroll that hangs in our lobby in Martha’s Corner.
It will take very little of your time to nominate a theatre champion!
To nominate an inspirational theatre champion, simply fill out the attached form.
- A 250-400 word statement must accompany the nomination – but that’s always easy to create when someone deserves recognition.
- Outline the reason for the nomination and make direct reference to the nature in which the nominee has made a significant and sustained contribution to theatre in Calgary.
Nominations should also include:
- A resume of the nominee.
- At least 2 letters of support.
- Any other documentation deemed useful in assessing the qualifications of the nominee.
- Anyone can be a nominator or seconder. Applications will not be returned.
- Please limit submissions to 8 pages maximum.
- All nominations remain eligible for two years.
Nominations are being accepted from now until Monday, March 30, 2020.
The nominations will be reviewed by an anonymous, independent jury. Jury members have various backgrounds and connections to the Calgary theatre community.
**Please note: only the chosen recipient will be contacted. The nominator and seconder of the 2020 recipient will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony.
Thank you for taking the time to help us celebrate extraordinary leaders in our community and for your continued support of theatre in Calgary! We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information please contact Sarah Stephens, Development Manager at 403-294-7475 ext. 1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org