10-Minute Plays for Jane’s Walk
Calling Calgarian Performers and Storytellers!
Apply to be part of 10-Minute Plays for Jane’s Walk 2019
Create a 10-minute performance to be presented as part of the Jane’s Walk festival in Calgary on May 4 & 5, 2019
Application Deadline: Sunday March 10th, 2019 11:59PM
This year 10- Minute Plays for Jane’s Walk will invite six local companies to create and present a 10 minute play focusing on what’s at the “core” of being Calgarian. The performances will showcase different perspectives and experiences of all Calgarians and will explore the themes of community and identity in Calgary.
With support from the Alberta Theatre Projects and The Calgary Foundation, selected companies will present their plays in succession throughout the downtown Core the weekend of May 4 and 5, the international Jane’s Walk weekend.
Each group will be provided with a $400 fee, and a 1 on 1 dramaturgical session with Alberta Theatre Projects to assist in developing their piece.
- Applications must be received by 11:59pm on March 10th, 2019.
- Open to emerging groups, community-based groups, individual performers, professional theatre companies, and storytellers with some experience creating and producing performances.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee, comprised of representatives from Alberta Theatre Projects and The Calgary Foundation.
- Successful artists will be announced on March 15th, 2019.
Send completed application form and supporting documents to:
Artistic Associate Community & Youth Engagement, Alberta Theatre Projects
- Alberta Theatre Projects
- Calgary Foundation (the local Calgary organizer of the international Jane’s Walk festival)
What is Jane’s Walk?
Jane’s Walk is a global festival of free, locally organized walking tours through which people explore, talk about, and celebrate their neighbourhoods. Named after Jane Jacobs, an author and activist who championed a fresh community-based approach to city building, the walks take place around the world on the first full weekend of May. Jane’s Walk in Calgary is organized by Calgary Foundation. Details here.